Hey, I’m Takara!
I’m mom to three girls, I live in Hawaii and I own a mommy fitness franchise (mom business) in Honolulu.
I want to grow my business to generate more than $100,000 in annual profit. Here’s why I chose this goal:
- I like to work and earn an income. It’s a critical part of my mental health. I enjoy putting my talents and education to use. I enjoy challenging myself, setting goals, and solving problems. I don’t like being a stay-at-home mom who doesn’t earn an income or do things outside of home. It’s depressing and put simply, is not what I want out of my life. I didn’t marry to serve my family ONLY.
- I want to contribute to my family’s income as I did before becoming a mother. Before motherhood, I earned around $300,000 as a headhunter in Tokyo. I want to contribute at the level or higher again.
- It’s important to me that my girls see their mom working and using her education in addition to caring for her family. I value education and work.
- Generating $100,000 or more in annual profit allows more financial freedom for my family. My girls are homeschooled. I want my business to fund our annual homeschool trips around the world. These trips will begin once my youngest is six years old.
- I’d like to contribute to my girl’s college education and our retirement. We’re not getting any younger and saving for retirement and for our girls is a top priority for us.
- I want to show that having and growing a mom business that actually makes money IS possible. And my business is not a mlm for moms.
Here’s a breakdown of what my $100K+ annual profit goal looks like:
rev·e·nue is the amount of money that a company actually receives during a specific period
prof·it a financial gain, especially the difference between the amount earned and the amount spent in buying, operating, or producing something.
prof·it mar·gin the amount by which revenue from sales exceeds costs in a business.
My Annual Gross Revenue Goal is: $260,000
My Annual Net Profit Goal is: $100,000
My Annual Profit Margin Goal is: 40%
This blog is where I document my journey to earn like a mother. This is where I figure out how to make $260,000 in annual revenue and $100K in annual profit. I hope you check in regularly, comment often, and walk away inspired.
I firmly believe that motherhood is not the end of setting ambitious goals, earning a nice income, and chasing dreams. Here’s to motherhood, raising smart kids, and business success!
Love + Aloha
Girl! This blog is sooo helpful. I love Fit4mom and since moving to Austin have discovered the franchisee owner is selling her areas here. I truly admire how you run your business in Honolulu and its so helpful to actually see the numbers it takes to run this business.
Thanks!! I hope you are doing well <3
Aloha Yvette!!!!! Thank you so much for commenting and for your kind words. HNL has been a labor of love for me, love the village and the moms in Honolulu 🙂 I’m excited to hear all about your adventures with FIT4MOM if you choose to buy!!!